Digital Culture & Heritage Talks & XR Show with NFT launch
February 17 @ 9:00 - 17:00
The Politehnica University of Timișoara, through the e-Learning Center and the Multimedia Center, together with the National Museum of Banat and Timișoara 2023, organize on Friday, February 17, 2023, between 09:00 and 17:00, the hybrid conference "Spotlight Heritage Timișoara - Digital Culture & Heritage Talks".
The conference is part of the Timisoara European Capital of Culture Programme and of teh Opening Timisoara 2023 and brings a diverse category of international speakers, from the areas of heritage and digital culture and partly from the E³UDRES² The event will take place on February 17, 2023, between 9:00 and 17:00, in the Conference Center of the Politehnica University of Timisoara (Vasile Pârvan bd., no. 2B) and online.
To bring value to Timisoara's digital and cultural ecosystem we will launch, for the first time in the Romanian landscape, the NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens) I Spotlight Heritage-Timisoara2023.
In addition to the conference, the program will include a series of events highlighting the specifics of the city (technical - industrial - creative). The program will include an XR Show in the UPT spaces ( Experimentarium, UPT Museum), an exhibition with experiments that will expose the allegory of the 5 senses that guided the project every year, and will also include live broadcasts from the street exhibition Spotlight Heritage Timișoara in the Giroc neighborhood, moments that will arouse the interest of passers-by in the project, will actively involve and invite them to other activities.
The expected participants are actors from the creative industries, museographers, artists, teachers, academics, students, pupils, creators of cultural events, members of the civil society, students, but also people with disabilities, seniors, and children.
Participation is free based on registration: in-situ for the Auditorium Hall of UPT Conference Center and online.
About the conference
Digital Culture & Heritage Talks aims to provide a space for the discussion of current trends and projects related to the crossover between artistic practices and digital technology, with a particular focus on the educational and community impact.
The conference brings together a range of cultural, educational, artistic, critical, and scientific perspectives, affording visibility to recent or ongoing development works in various countries and cultural contexts.
Based on the concepts of the Spotlight Heritage Timisoara project and the Timisoara European Capital of Culture 2023 programme, we plan to discuss the way in which digital technologies have contributed to the creation of new territories and stimulated different innovations in cultural production, creative instances, and curatorial practices and museum spaces.
Furthermore, considering that digital technology systems are also a social and human interaction construct, an attempt is made to investigate the circumstances under which universities, foundations, and museums have formulated new challenges and paved the way for new educational and curatorial developments.
The conference brings together a range of cultural, educational, artistic, critical, and scientific perspectives, affording visibility to recent or ongoing development works in various countries and cultural contexts. The conference is built as a hybrid event with on-site and online broadcasts, integrated with the XR Show, structured talks, panel interventions, and practical demonstrations.
The conference is elaborated as a continuation of the 7 Politehnica University of Timisoara Workshops, from the last years, dedicated to digital competences in creative industries, the IAFeS International Conference NETTIES 2021 on Digital Culture in Education, Science, and Technology, and the Erasmus+ DigiCulture project "Improving the Digital Competences and Social Inclusion of Adults in Creative Industries", at a time of greater and ever deeper interest on the Timisoara’s role in building creative industries.
Spotlight Heritage Timișoara / Patrimoniul sub reflectoare este o inițiativă culturală digitală a Universității Politehnica Timișoara, realizată în parteneriat cu Muzeul Național al Banatului, parte a Programului Cultural Timișoara 2023 Capitală Europeană a Culturii. Proiect cultural co-finanțat de Municipiul Timișoara prin Centrul de Proiecte, Consiliul Județean Timiș.
9:00 – 9:30 Bun venit și deschidere
9:30 – 10:00
Spotlight Heritage Timișoara introducere: concept și acțiuni 2019-2023, lansarea Lumi paralele 2023
Diana Andone, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara, România
Sorina Jecza, manager cultural Fundația Triade – în direct din cartierul Giroc, Muzeul Jecza, România
Moderator: Radu Vasiu, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara, România
10:00 – 10:30
Ioan Holender, fost director managerial al Operei din Viena, Austria (introducere 15”)
Smaranda Vultur, Grupul de Istorie și Antropologie Orală, Timișoara, România
Moderator: Marius Cornea, Muzeul Național al Banatului, Timișoara, România
10:30 – 11:30
Hannes Raffaseder – rector Universitatea de Științe Aplicate St. Pölten, Austria (introducere 15”)
Martin Honzik, director artistic al Ars Electronica, Austria (introducere 15”)
Prezentare SpotlightHeritage – Timisoara2023 NFT
Moderator: Diana Andone, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara, România
12:00 – 13:15
Antonella Poce, directorul centrului INTELLECT, Universitatea din Modena și Reggio Emilia, Italia (introducere 15”)
Alessandra Gariboldi, președinte al Fundației Fitzcarraldo și al Muzeului MAXXI, Roma, Italia (introducere 15”)
Harry Verwayen, Europeana, director general Fundația Europeana și Isabela Crespo, ofițer de educație culturală Europeana, Olanda (introducere 15”)
Moderator: Andrei Ternauciuc, Mugur Mocofan, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara, România
14:00 – 14:45
Sara Vuletic, director al programului cultural Novi Sad Capitală Europeană a Culturii 2022, Serbia (introducere 15”)
Monique Deletant, CEO Artsdepot, Londra, Marea Britanie (introducere 15”)
Moderator: Vlad Mihăescu, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara, România
14:45 – 15:45
Timothy Jung, Universitatea Metropolitană din Manchester, Marea Britanie (introducere 15”)
Ciprian Ștefan, Director Muzeul Astra Sibiu, România (introducere 15”)
Prezentarea aplicației Spotlight Heritage Timișoara XR și a concursului internațional de studenți Spotlight Heritage Timișoara, cu participarea studenților internaționali
Moderator: Silviu Vert, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara, România
Prezentarea rezultatelor proiectului Erasmus+ AugmentedWearEdu de integrare a realității augmentate în educație
Filippo Sanfilippo, Universitatea Agder, Norvegia
Silviu Vert, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara, România
The speakers will present innovative ideas, solutions, and digital culture projects:
- FH-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Hannes Raffasede, Rector Fachhochschule St. Pölten, Austria, coordonator E3UDRES2 European University Alliance, Professor of Digital Media, Music Composer
- Mr. Ioan Holendermusician, baritone, artistic impresario and former Managing Director of the Vienna Opera, former President and Artistic Director of the "George Enescu" International Festival
- Martin HonzikChief Curatorial Officer Ars Electronica, Managing Director Ars Electronica Festival/Export/Prix Ars Electronica
- Prof. Antonella Poce, Director of the INTELLECT Center - Research Center in Heritage Education, Well-Being and Educational Technologies, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy, Museum Curator, Specialist in Museum Inclusion
- Alessandra GariboldiPresident of Fondazione Fitzcarraldo and MAXXI Museum, Rome, Italy, curator and cultural manager, expert in heritage conservation and audience development
- Harry VerwayenEuropeana, Director General Europeana Foundation, and Isabela Crespo, Cultural education officer Europeana, Netherlands, the organization that promotes Europe's digital cultural heritage
- Prof. Timothy JungChair Professor of XR (eXtended Reality), coordinator of the Digital Transformation Knowledge Platform, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, specialist and coordinating author of award-winning virtual and augmented reality applications for culture and tourism
- Monique DeletantCEO Artsdepot, London, UK, award-winning multicultural center with performance and exhibition programs in its theater spaces, studio theater, creative space (research lab), gallery, dance and art, free play space for the children
- Sara VuleticDirector of Novi Sad European Capital of Culture 2022 cultural program, artistic relations management expert, multilingual translator from various English/Serbian/Arabic/Spanish/French registers
- Lluís Alfons Ariño MartínIT Director and coordinator of the European Blockchain System
- Ciprian ȘtefanDirector Astra Museum Sibiu, Romania
- dr. Smaranda Vulturinternational researcher, successful contemporary writer, and the coordinator of the History and Oral Anthropology Group, Timisoara
- Sorina Jecza, contemporary art curator and researcher, writer, and cultural manager Triade Foundation Timisoara
- Diana Andone, Prof. Radu Vasiu, Conf.dr. Silviu Vert, Conf.dr. Mugur Mocofan, Lect.Dr. Andrei Ternauciuc, Lect.dr. Vlad Mihaescu, Politehnica University of Timisoara, Romania
- Marius Cornea, Zoran Marcovici, Ciprian GlăvanNational Museum of Banat, Timisoara
Speakers will give 15-20 minutes thematic presentations, followed by questions from the moderators and a free discussion panel, with questions from both the online and in-situ. In these sessions, the guests will have the role of both speakers and moderators, the aim being to encourage complementary dialogue, facilitate creation environments and generate new creative community ideas, both local and international.
În cadrul conferinței, participanții vor avea opțiunea de a asculta prezentările în engleză dublate în limba română cu ajutorul unui interpret live, asigurat de Centrul de ID/IFR și e-Learning UPT.