Spotlight heritage /Patrimoniul sub reflectoare, reveals, by digital storytelling, Timisoara through stories of cultural and historical heritage, of technical development, of communities and neighborhoods, interwoven with the personal stories of the inhabitants of yesterday and today
Spotlight Heritage Timisoara / Spotlight Heritage Timișoara este o inițiativă culturală digitală a Universității Politehnica Timișoara realizată în parteneriat cu Muzeul Național al Banatului, parte a Programului Cultural Timișoara 2023 Capitală Europeană a Culturii. Proiect cultural co-finanțat de Municipiul Timișoara prin Centrul de Proiecte, Consiliul Județean Timiș.
Patrimoniul sub reflectoare Timișoara / Spotlight Heritage Timisoara is a cultural digital initiative of Politehnica University of Timisoara through the e-Learning Centre and The Multimedia Centre realized in partnership with the National Museum of Banat. , part of the Cultural Program Timișoara European Capital of Culture. Cultural project co-financed by the City Hall of Timișoara, Timiș County Council, Ministry of Culture and National Identity
Development and production: Politehnica University of Timișoara - Diana Andone, Silviu Vert, Vlad Mihăescu, Mugur Mocofan, Radu Vasiu, Daniela Stoica and students from the 4th year of the Bachelor specialization of Multimedia Technologies and 1st year students from the Master in Multimedia Technologies
Concept – Politehnica University of Timișoara – Diana Andone
Mobile application development: Cobalt Sign Timișoara
Website: Design MMD
Augmented Reality application development: Politehnica University of Timișoara – Duică Cristian, Silviu Berzescu, Silviu Vert, Daniela Stoica
Texts developed for Landmarks and Selected Images (postcards, photographs, paintings, engravings, lithographs): The National Museum of Banat - Marius Cornea (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022), Zoran Markov and Ciprian Glăvan (2020, 2021, 2022), Raoul-Marius Șeptilici (2019) (except where other sources are mentioned), information and text on architecture – Cristian Blidariu, Gabriela Pașcu, Diana Belci – Facultatea de Arhitectură, Politehnica University of Timișoara (2020, 2021, 2022).
2022 - Concept of the exhibition „Spotlight Heritage Timișoara. Cetate Neighbourhood - A world in the mirror" 5 July - 31 August 2022 -The National Museum of Banat: Marius Cornea
2021 - Concept of the exhibition „Spotlight Heritage Timișoara. Fabric Neighbourhood Fabric Neighbourhood - Worlds beyond Destinies” 15 July - 30 September 2021 - National Museum of Banat: Marius Cornea
2020 - Concept of the exhibition „Spotlight Heritage Timișoara. Elisabetin Neighbourhood and Netti dr. Diel - A world in a chest" , 13 November 2020 - 28 February 2021 - The National Museum of Banat: Marius Cornea
2019 - Concept of the exhibition „Spotlight Heritage Timișoara. Iosefin Neighbourhood and Valeria dr. Pintea – un roman într-o expoziție”, 8 Noiembrie 2019 – 31 ianuarie 2020 – The National Museum of Banat: Marius Cornea
2022, Cetate – selecția de texte literare culese de prof.univ.dr. Smaranda Vultur și de asist.univ.dr. Roxana Rogobete, amintirile din istoria orală timișoreană valorificate de Grupul de Istorie Orală și Antropologie Culturală, poeziile originale, create pentru Patrimoniul sub Reflectoare Timișoara, de către poetul timișorean Robert Șerban. Fotografii, documente, obiecte din colecția prof.univ.dr. Smaranda Vultur, Grupul de Istorie Orală și Antropologie Culturală
2021, Fabric - personal histories of the inhabitants interviewed by the team coordinated by prof.univ.dr. Smaranda Vultur, coordinator of the Oral History and Cultural Anthropology Group
2020, Elisabetin - excerpts from "Family Diary", manuscript by prof.dr. Pia Brânzeu, selected by Marius Cornea and offered by the author by assigning the rights to use them. Photos, documents, objects from the collection of prof.dr. Pia Brânzeu and the collections of the National Museum of Banat
2019, Iosefin - excerpts from the novel Valeria dr. Pintea (author: Liana Maria Gomboșiu, Timișoara, Marineasa Publishing House, 2013), selected by Marius Cornea and offered by the author by assigning the rights to use them. English translation - Alexandra Născuțiu Născuțiu
Community contains texts, images - authors and attribution are noted for each one
English translation of texts: Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara – Maria Marițescu, Lect univ. dr. Annamaria Kilyeni, Sonia Tămășan
Graphics: Rafael Leucuța, Marius Tătaru and Cobalt Sign
Pictures: Rafael Leucuța and the students from the 4th year of the Bachelor specialization of Multimedia Technologies and 1st year students from the Master in Multimedia Technologies, Milan Șepețan (National Museum of Banat), Oral History and Cultural Anthropology Group (2021)
Video: Rafael Leucuța, Teleuniversitatea TV, video dronă George Bufan (2021, 2022)
Communication and financing: Politehnica University of Timișoara – Maria Marițescu, Renate Iovi, Poliana Ilinca, The National Museum of Banat Alexandra Gordana Marian, Christine Harnischfeger, Centrul de proiecte Timișoara – Anderka-Maria Iancea, Curator Timișoara 2023 – Cosmina Goagea
Logistics: Politehnica Timișoara Foundation
Spotlight Heritage Timisoara project is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Spotlight Heritage involves the population of Timișoara and its visitors in a complex real - virtual world that combines the old history of Timișoara, presented as a digital story, through a website and a mobile application, and the museographic exhibition at the headquarters of the National Museum of Banatbut also in public places in the neighborhoods, under the title "Timisoara and the allegory of the senses".
În 2019, sub reflector este cartierul Iosefin, având ca temă Auzul.
În 2020, sub reflector este Elisabetin neighbourhood, având ca temă Tactilul.
În 2021 ne concentrăm pe the Fabric neighbourhood cu tema Văzul.
The project is part of the series of activities dedicated to the anniversary of the first century of academic education in Timisoara, Politehnica 100.
The open, participatory mobile application contains:
- Landmarks - data and information of cultural and historical heritage, geographically mapped, photos and films, with recognition of buildings by augmented reality, 360 images.
- Elisabetin - excerpts from "Family Diary", manuscript by prof.dr. Pia Brânzeu, selected by Marius Cornea and offered by the author by assigning the rights to use them. Photos, documents, objects from the collection of prof.dr. Pia Brânzeu and the collections of the National Museum of Banat
- Iosefin Excerpts from the novel Valeria dr. Pintea (author: Liana Maria Gomboșiu, Timișoara, Marineasa Publishing House, 2013), offered by the author and images from the archives
- The life in the Fabric neighborhood in Timișoara is illustrated by the personal histories of the inhabitants interviewed by the team coordinated by prof.univ.dr. Smaranda Vultur, coordinator of the Oral History and Cultural Anthropology Group, since 1997. Excerpts of interviews with the inhabitants of Fabric were selected to provide a historical, social and cultural background to the 16 stations in the neighborhood presented in the classic exhibition in the attic of Theresia Bastion, the street exhibition with 16 panels and the digital exhibition (web page and virtual reality and augmented reality applications) - the indoor and street exhibition contains only 16 panels / stations, compared to the digital one which contains 22 stations.
- Community Information from the history of neighborhoods, communities, ethnicities, organizations that were or are present in the neighborhood
- Your Story Users can add their own personal stories, comments, photos, videos
- Events - events from exhibitions, guided tours offered with high school teenagers.