Spotlight heritage /Patrimoniul sub reflectoare, reveals, by digital storytelling, Timisoara through stories of cultural and historical heritage, of technical development, of communities and neighborhoods, interwoven with the personal stories of the inhabitants of yesterday and today
Spotlight Heritage Timisoara is a digital cultural initiative of the Politehnica University of Timișoara realized in partnership with the National Museum of Banat and with the Timișoara Association 2021 European Capital of Culture, co-financed by the Romanian Ministry of Culture and National Identity, Timisoara City Hall and Timis County.
Patrimoniul sub reflectoare Timișoara / Spotlight Heritage Timisoara is a cultural digital initiative of Politehnica University of Timisoara through the e-Learning Centre and The Multimedia Centre realized in partnership with The National Museum Of Banat and Asociația Timișoara 2021-2023 Capitală Europeană a Culturii, part of the Cultural Program Timișoara European Capital of Culture. Cultural project co-financed by the City Hall of Timișoara, Timiș County Council, Ministry of Culture and National Identity
Development and production: Politehnica University of Timișoara - Diana Andone, Silviu Vert, Vlad Mihăescu, Mugur Mocofan, Radu Vasiu, Daniela Stoica and students from the 4th year of the Bachelor specialization of Multimedia Technologies and 1st year students from the Master in Multimedia Technologies
Concept – Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara – Diana Andone
Mobile application development: Cobalt Sign Timișoara
Website: Design MMD
Augmented Reality application development: Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara – Duică Cristian, Silviu Vert, Daniela Stoica.
Texts developed for Landmarks and Selected Images (postcards, photographs, paintings, engravings, lithographs): The National Museum of Banat - Marius Cornea, Zoran Markov (2020, 2021), Ciprian Glăvan (2020, 2021) Raoul-Marius Șeptilici (2019) (except where other sources are mentioned), information and text on architecture – Cristian Blidariu, Gabriela Pașcu, Diana Belci – Facultatea de Arhitectură, Politehnica University of Timișoara (2020, 2021)
2019 - Concept of the exhibition Spotlight Heritage: “Iosefin neighborhood and Valeria Dr. Pintea - a novel in an exhibition ”, November 8, 2019 - January 31, 2020 - The National Museum of Banat: Marius Cornea
2020 - Concept of the exhibition „Spotlight Heritage Timișoara. Elisabetin Neighbourhood and Netti dr. Diel - A world within a chest”, 13 november 2020 - 31 January 2021 - National Museum of Banat: Marius Cornea
2021 - Concept of the exhibition „Spotlight Heritage Timișoara: Fabric Neighbourhood - Worlds beyond Destinies” 15 July - 30 September 2021 - National Museum of Banat: Marius Cornea
2021, Fabric - personal histories of the inhabitants interviewed by the team coordinated by prof.univ.dr. Smaranda Vultur, coordinator of the Oral History and Cultural Anthropology Group
2020, Elisabetin - excerpts from the manuscript "Family Diary" of Prof. Dr. Pia Brînzeu, selected by Marius Cornea and offered by the author by assigning the rights to use them.
Photos, documents, objects from the collection of prof.dr. Pia Brânzeu and the collections of the National Museum of Banat
2019, Iosefin - excerpts from the novel Valeria dr. Pintea (author: Liana Maria Gomboșiu, Timișoara, Marineasa Publishing House, 2013), selected by Marius Cornea and offered by the author by assigning the rights to use them. English translation - Alexandra Născuțiu
Community contains texts, images - authors and attribution are noted for each one
English translation of texts: Politehnica University of Timișoara - Renate Iovi, Poliana Ilinca, Maria Marițescu, Lect. univ. dr. Annamaria Kilyeni
Graphics: Rafael Leucuța, Marius Tătaru and Cobalt Sign
Pictures: Rafael Leucuța and the students from the 4th year of the Bachelor specialization of Multimedia Technologies and 1st year students from the Master in Multimedia Technologies, Milan Șepețan (National Museum of Banat), Oral History and Cultural Anthropology Group (2021)
Video: Rafael Leucuța, Teleuniversitatea TV, George Bufan (2021)
Communication and financing: Asociația Timișoara 2021 Capitală Europeană a Culturii, – Ovidiu Dajbog-Miron, Odette Pârvulescu, Nicoleta Trifan, Daniel Kozak, Universitatea Politehnica Timișoara – Renate Iovi, Muzeul Național al Banatului – Alexandra Gordana Marian
Logistics: Politehnica Timișoara Foundation
involves the population of Timișoara and its visitors in a complex real - virtual world that combines the old history of Timișoara, presented as a digital story, through a website and a mobile application, and the museographic exhibition at the headquarters of the National Museum of Banat but also in public places in the neighborhoods, under the title "Timisoara and the allegory of the senses".
In 2019, under the spotlight is the Iosefin district, with the theme of the Hearing.
In 2020, under the spotlight is the Elisabetin neighborhood, with the theme Tactile.
In 2021 we focus on the Fabric neighborhood with the theme of Sight.
The project is part of the series of activities dedicated to the anniversary of the first century of academic education in Timisoara, Politehnica 100.
The open, participatory mobile application contains:
- Landmarks - data and information of cultural and historical heritage, geographically mapped, photos and films, with recognition of buildings by augmented reality, 360 images.
- Elisabetin - excerpts from "Family Diary", manuscript by prof.dr. Pia Brânzeu, selected by Marius Cornea and offered by the author by assigning the rights to use them. Photos, documents, objects from the collection of prof.dr. Pia Brânzeu and the collections of the National Museum of Banat
- Iosefin Excerpts from the novel Valeria dr. Pintea (author: Liana Maria Gomboșiu, Timișoara, Marineasa Publishing House, 2013), offered by the author and images from the archives
- The life in the Fabric neighborhood in Timișoara is illustrated by the personal histories of the inhabitants interviewed by the team coordinated by prof.univ.dr. Smaranda Vultur, coordinator of the Oral History and Cultural Anthropology Group, since 1997. Excerpts of interviews with the inhabitants of Fabric were selected to provide a historical, social and cultural background to the 16 stations in the neighborhood presented in the classic exhibition in the attic of Theresia Bastion , the street exhibition with 16 panels and the digital exhibition (web page and virtual reality and augmented reality applications) - the indoor and street exhibition contains only 16 panels / stations, compared to the digital one which contains 22 stations.
- Community Information from the history of neighborhoods, communities, ethnicities, organizations that were or are present in the neighborhood
- Your Story Users can add their own personal stories, comments, photos, videos
- Events - events from exhibitions, guided tours offered with high school teenagers.