);
Got something to say?

ADD YOUR STORY

YOUR STORY
poate completa istoria REPERELOR din cartierele Timișoarei!

Ai locuit într-o clădire? Ai vizitat-o? Ai amintiri despre o clădire sau o zonă din cartierele Timișoarei?

Ți-ai dat întâlnire cu iubita în fața acesteia? Sau știi pe cineva care are o poveste legată de cartierele Timișoarei?

Împărtășește-ne AICI amintirile tale și îți vei regăsi memoriile la secțiunea COMUNITATE a fiecărui REPER!

Poți să introduci un text, să încarci imagini, sunete sau video (limitat), să ne scrii neaparat numele tău și adresa de email pentru ca să știm cum să te contactăm.

Noi vom lua legătura cu tine pentru a decide împreună cum va fi Your Story inclusă în Patrimoniul sub reflectoare.

    max upload 1 MB

    Landmarks

    Monumentul Sf. Maria din piata Sf. Maria
    St. Mary's Monument in St. Mary's Square
    Biserica Reformata din str. Timotei Cipariu
    Reformed Church on Timotei Cipariu Street
    Șirul palatelor din piata Mocioni
    The range of palaces in Mocioni square
    Casele de raport din piata Plevnei / parcul Ghe. Doja
    The report houses from Plevnei square / Ghe. Doja park
    Biserica ortodoxă din Elisabetin
    The Orthodox Church from Elisabetin
    Biserica romano-catolica din piata Balcescu
    The Roman Catholic church in Balcescu Square
    Casa arhitectului László Székely
    The house of the architect László Székely
    Casa familiei Mühle
    The house of the Mühle family
    Sanatoriul Bănățean
    Sanatoriul Bănățean
    Casa Ormos Zsigmond
    Zsigmond Ormós House
    Localul Sari Neni
    The Șari Neni bar
    Cantina Politehnicii
    Canteen of the Politehnica and the student rebellion of 1956
    Atelierul de orgi al familiei Wegenstein
    The organ workshop of the Wegenstein family / ISIM building
    Locuința familiei avocatului Titus Olariu
    The home of the family of the lawyer Titus Olariu
    Institutul de surdo-muți/Liceul Ghe. Atanasiu
    The Institute for the Deaf / Ghe. Atanasiu High School
    Podul episcopilor/podul Mihai Viteazu
    The bishops' bridge / Bishop Andrei Șaguna bridge
    Podul Decebal
    Decebal Bridge

    The construction of the Decebal bridge, the longest bridge on reinforced concrete beams in Timișoara, at that time, began in 1908, being completed a year later.

    Parcul Regina Maria (fost Parcul Coronini)
    Queen Mary Park (former Coronini Park)

    Queen Mary Park is the oldest park in Timisoara, originally called Coronini Park, in honor of Count Johann von Coronini-Cronberg, governor of Serbian Vojvodina and Banat Timisoara, who around 1850 ordered the arrangement of the park in English style.

    Sirul caselor de raport din bulevardul 3 August 1919
    Sirul caselor de raport din bulevardul 3 August 1919

    The current boulevard 3 August 1919 presents the unitary northern pediment, being furnished with monumental buildings between Academician Corneliu Micloși Square and Splaiul Nistrului. This pediment includes the palaces: Neptune, the palace of the widow Székely, Karl Kunz, Franz Anheuer, Ignatz Haymann and Miksa (Max) Steiner.

    Sinagoga Status Quo
    The Status Quo Synagogue

    The new synagogue in Fabric was built by the Status Quo mosaic community in 1899 in the Moorish style and was originally located on the bank of an arm of the Bega canal, which was later covered into a street.

    Biserica romano-catolică Millenium
    The Millennium Roman-Catholic Church

    The Roman Catholic Church, popularly known as the Millennium, was built in the Roman Square, with the facade facing 3 August 1919 Boulevard.

    Uzina Electrică
    Uzina Electrică

    "The electric lighting company was built after many difficulties and experiments and put into operation in October 1884

    Palatul Ștefania și Piața Romanilor
    The Ștefania Palace and The Roman Square

    Palatul Ștefania, fosta ”Casă de Raport a Municipiului”, numit astfel din anul 1918 după numele soției lui Rudolf Totis, proprietarul clădirii în perioada interbelică. A fost construit de antreprenorul Josef Kremmer senior după planurile arhitectului Székely László în anii 1908-1909, în stilul anilor 1900 (Secession).

    Piața Traian
    The Traian Square

    "Traian Square is the central square of the Fabric district, its beginnings being related to the first half a sec. in the 18th century. The original appearance of the Square was very different from today, given that many of the existing buildings at the time were relatively modest, with a single level and a rather rural look. The current appearance was received only at the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, when the great palaces were built on all four sides of the square."

    Biserica ortodoxă sârbă
    The Serbian Orthodox Church

    The current Serbian Orthodox Church in Fabric, dedicated to St. George, was built between 1745-1755. The works most probably started in 1745, a period from which the document referring to the founders of the building dates. In time, the Greek believers were assimilated, and the Romanians separated, de facto in 1863 and legally in 1901, so that the place remained in the care of the Serbian Orthodox community in Fabric.

    Farmacia Kovács
    The Kovács Pharmacy

    Architect Henrik Telkes designed a two-story Secession-style building, on the ground floor of which is the pharmacy popularly known as Kovacs Pharmacy.

    Depozitul de tramvaie și Muzeul Corneliu Mikloși
    The Tram Depot and the Corneliu Mikloși Museum

    The horse-drawn tram has been running on the streets of Timișoara since July 8, 1868, the first line put into operation being between Central Station (North Railway Station) and the center of Timișoara. In 1899, the electric traction tram was introduced.

    Gara de Est
    East Railway Station

    Opened in 1886 on the Timișoara - Caransebeș railway, Timișoara Est Railway Station, former Fabric Station, is one of the five railway stations in Timișoara.

    Burghezia mare
    Upper Bourgeoisie

    In the seventies and eighties of the nineteenth century, the citizens of the whole of Timisoara rushed on Saturdays and Sundays in Fabric, to spend a few hours happily in the pleasant bars, restaurants and cafes of the neighborhood. The existence of the big bourgeoisie in Fabric is testified by the numerous villas and palaces built throughout the neighborhood.

    Fabrici-Faber
    Factories – Faber

    After the economic crisis of the 1970s, the economy and especially the industry experienced an unprecedented development. The local or allogeneic investors founded during this period some of the representative factories of the city, many of them being built in the perimeter of the Fabric district.

    Podul Mihai Viteazul
    The Mihai Viteazul Bridge

    Podul din Piața Morii, construit în anul 1908, a fost demolat în anul 1980 și înlocuit cu un pod nou (azi Podul Mihai Viteazul). Proiectantul noului pod a fost inginerul dr. Radu Marinov de la Institutul de Proiectări Timișoara, iar execuția a fost efectuată de Întreprinderea Construcții Căi Ferate Timișoara. Noul pod a fost dat în circulație în anul 1981.Podul din Piața Morii, construit în anul 1908, a fost demolat în anul 1980 și înlocuit cu un pod nou (azi Podul Mihai Viteazul). Proiectantul noului pod a fost inginerul dr. Radu Marinov de la Institutul de Proiectări Timișoara, iar execuția a fost efectuată de Întreprinderea Construcții Căi Ferate Timișoara. Noul pod a fost dat în circulație în anul 1981.

    Uzina de Apă
    The Hydroelectric Power Station

    The first projects, which aimed at the profitable use of the hydraulic power of Bega, were taken into account when the Technical Service elaborated the systematization plan of the city.

    Muncitorii din Kuncz
    Workers in Kuncz

    The houses in the Kuncz neighborhood generally looked simple and modest, typical of working-class neighborhoods in this part of Europe. Today, the neighborhood has a small population, with a diversified ethnic structure, which retains very few elements of the old working-class neighborhood from the end of the 19th century.

    Biserica ortodoxă română
    The Romanian Orthodox Church

    The new Romanian Orthodox Church was built in 1912, according to the plans of the chief architect of the city László Székely.

    Fabrici în Fabric
    Factories in Fabric

    The interwar years meant for Timişoara a stage of important urban, economic, spiritual and cultural progress. Numerous industrial enterprises, commercial units, banks, etc. have appeared in the economic landscape of Timisoara, some operating until recent years, others now being part of large multinational conglomerates.

    Biserica greco-catolică
    The Greek Catholic Church

    Vechea biserică greco-catolică, edificată în anul 1765, a fost cedată comunității greco-catolice din Timișoara împreună cu casa parohială odată cu construcția noii biserici romano-catolice din piața Romanilor

    Fabrica de Bere
    The Brewery

    The Brewery is one of the most important factories in the Fabric neighborhood.

    Abatorul
    The Slaughterhouse

    In 1904-1905, between the Fabric and Elisabetin neighborhoods, a slaughterhouse for cattle and pigs was built on an area of six cadastral yards, which corresponded to all modern requirements at that time, both in terms of size and equipment. .

    Școlile din Fabric
    Școlile din Fabric

    Fabric had the following schools: several communal schools, namely the School for boys in Kirchen Street (today Comănești Street), built in 1882, a School for Girls in Lamm Street (today Titu Maiorescu Street), built in 1889, a building in Ungar Street (today Simion Bărnuțiu Street) with 12 classrooms for boys and girls, built in 1912 on the site of the former Hungarian school established in 1869; finally, the building built in the same year in Viile Fabric.

    Palatul Lloyd
    Lloyd Palace

    A fost construit între 1910 – 1912 după planurile arhitectului Leopold Baumhorn, iar in prezent adăpostește sediul Rectoratului Universității Politehnica din Timișoara.

    Muzeul Național al Banatului
    The National Museum Of Banat

    Muzeul Național al Banatului are sediul într-o clădire declarată monument istoric – Castelul Huniade,

    Palatul Apelor
    The Palace Of Water

    The palace was built for the Timiș – Bega Hydro Improvement Company, established in 1871, especially for the management of the Bega Canal, an important transport route at the time.

    Palatul Cazinoului Ținutului de Sud
    The Palace of the Southern Region Casino

    Built according to the plans of architect Emil Töry in 1900 style, the building was completed in 1905. After the 1989 Revoulution the building also houses the Timișoara Intercultural Institute.

    Biserica Ortodoxă din Piața Al. Mocioni
    Biserica Ortodoxă din Piața Al. Mocioni

    Biserica ortodoxă română cu hramul Nașterea Maicii Domnului a fost construită după planurile arhitectului prof. Victor Vlad de antreprenorul arh. Constantin Purcariu în stil neobizantin cu unele elemente ale stilului modern interbelic; Autorizația de construire a fost eliberată în anul 1931.

    Iosefin Residence
    Iosefin Residence

    Mária Radocsay House was built in the historic style with classicist elements in the second half of the 19th century. In a 6-room apartment Valeria lived until the death of her husband, doctor Vasile Pintea, in 1940.

    A doua locuință a Valeriei Pintea
    The second residence of Valeria Pintea

    The house from the second half of the 19th century, in which Valeria dr Pintea lived after the death of her husband, doctor Valeriu Pintea, in 1940.

    Palatul Hochstrasser
    Hochstrasser Palace

    The János (Johann) Hochstrasser Palace, built between 1912 and 1914, was the second three-story building in Iosefin. It belongs to the late Secession, with geometric shapes, anticipating the Art Deco style.

    Biserica Romano-Catolică și complexul Notre Dame
    The Roman Catholic Church and Notre Dame complex

    The Roman-Catholic church, "The Birth of the Virgin Mary", was built between 1774-1775 in the late baroque style. The Nôtre-Dame complex in Iosefin is a building complex built in 1881 with a fund of 100,000 florins donated by Alexandre Bonnaz, the Roman Catholic bishop of Cenad.

    Piata agro-alimentara Iosefin
    The Iosefin agro-food market

    The Iosefin agro-food market is part of the homonymous neighborhood of Timisoara, its name deriving from Emperor Joseph II of Habsburg.

    Fabrica de ciocolată Kandia
    Kandia Chocolate Factory

    Kandia was a chocolate and sugar factory in Timisoara. It was established before 1890. The company holds in its portfolio the Kandia, Rom and Laura chocolate brands, the Magura cake, the Sugus and Silvana candies.

    Cazarma de pompieri Iosefin
    The Firehouse in Iosefin

    The firehouse in Iosefin is a historic monument located in Timișoara, designed by László Székely in the 1900s style. It was built in the Iosefin district, and is currently the headquarters of The Fire Department Timisoara, No2.

    Sinagoga din Iosefin
    The Iosefin Synagogue

    The Iosefin Synagogue is a Jewish place of worship in the municipality of Timisoara. It was built in an eclectic style, in the Iosefin district, where its name comes from.

    Gara de Nord
    North Railway Station Timisoara

    Timisoara North Railway Station is the main train station in the city and also the largest train station in the western region of Romania. The first station building was inaugurated in 1897. It was built in neoclassical style following the project of the Hungarian architect Ferenc Pfaff.

    Podul de fier din Iosefin
    The Iron Bridge from Iosefin

    The Iron Bridge was originally built in 1871 in place of the current Traian Bridge, located between the Cetate and Iosefin-Elisabetin neighborhoods. It was then dismantled in 1915 and replaced in 1916 on the same current site, also in the Iosefin district.

    Moara Elisabeta Iosefin
    Elisabeta Mill from Iosefin

    It was built in 1869, when the Steam Mill Society of Banat was founded. Since 1880 it became a subsidiary of the mills "Elisabeta" in Budapest, until 1909, when it was bought by the famous family of industrialists Prohaska from Timisoara.

    Cofetaria Julius Arendt
    Julius Arendt Confectionery

    The Arendt confectionery in Timisoara was opened by Julius Arendt in 1929, in the Iosefin district, opposite the current "Merlin" Puppet Theater. The Arendt confectionery in Iosefin was one of the most famous places in Timisoara where sweets were sold and consumed.

    Turnul de apa din Iosefin
    The Water Tower from Iosefin

    The water tower in Iosefin is an industrial monument in Timisoara. It was part of the water supply system of Timisoara from the beginning of the 20th century. In 2008, Timisoara City Hall announced that it intends to set up in the tower a small cultural cafe, a coffee museum, dedicated to Timisoare resident Francesco Illy, who invented an espresso coffee machine.

    English