The Theresia Bastion, also known as the "Bastion of the Fortress", is the largest surviving part of Timișoara's former bastioned fortress.
Saint George’s Roman Catholic Cathedral
Also known as the "Dom", the church-cathedral in Union Square was built after the expulsion of the Turks, at the initiative of Emperor Charles IV of Habsburg.
Union Square and the Holy Trinity monument
The Union Square (Domplatz) had unusually large dimensions, compared to the size of the fortress, which served to highlight the baroque aspect of this space.
Serbian Orthodox Cathedral and the Episcopate
The Episcopal Palace, currently the seat of the Serbian Orthodox Episcopate of Timisoara, was built in parallel with the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, between 1745-1748.
Discount Bank (Max Steiner Palace) in Union Square
One of the most beloved buildings in Timisoara, the Palace of the Discount Bank in Union Square, was built according to the plans of the architects Marczell Komor and Dezső Jakab in the style of the Hungarian Secession, in 1909.
The Roman-Catholic Episcopacy Palace
The current building of the Episcopal Palace was built by the Austrian authorities in 1723, being intended from the beginning for the purpose of functioning as an episcopal palace, even if for a long time it housed other institutions.
On the southern side of the Union Square, in the immediate vicinity of the Baroque Palace, stands one of the most recognizable buildings of Timisoara - the Salamon Brück Palace. Built according to the plans of the Timisoara architect László Székely, in the Secession style, the palace was completed in the summer of 1911.
The Dicasterial - Timisoara Court
The Dicasterial Palace was to serve as the seat of the crown government of the Serbian Voivodeship and the Banat of Timisoara, which was established after the revolution of 1848-1849 and had Timisoara as its capital.